I’m Pregnant! Now What?
March 23, 2018
Make an appointment for your OB intake appointment at the Women’s Clinic. This will be an opportunity to talk about your pregnancy symptoms, receive some guidelines for the healthiest pregnancy possible, and gain knowledge about your pregnancy care and insurance coverage.
We know the minute you see that positive pregnancy test you may have questions about what you should do right away- so even before we see you for that first appointment- here are the Women’s Clinics’ providers top ten suggestions:
- Take a prenatal vitamin with 200 mg of DHA and 800 mcg of Folic Acid
- Eat a variety of foods & try to get 1200 mg of Calcium/day
- Limit caffeine to 200 mg/day
- Drink 3-4 liters of water/day
- Use alcohol, tobacco, marijuana or other recreational drugs
- Eat raw or under cooked fish or meats or drink anything unpasteurized
- Expose yourself to chronic, high stress
- Travel to places with a CDC Zika warning
- Change the cat litter