Breastfeeding Support Services
For additional questions specific to lactation services please contact Jen Hoover IBCLC directly at 970-493-7442 x3951
Call a lactation consultant if:
- Baby does not wake to feed or mother is unsure of infant feeding cues.
- Baby continues to lose weight beyond day 3 of life.
- Mother is experiencing nipple pain, bruising, damage or breast pain.
- Mother is concerned that she is not making enough milk.
- Mother feels frustrated or wants to discontinue breastfeeding.
- Mother is experiencing uncomfortable breast fullness or engorgement.
- Mother with previous breast surgery.
- Mother and baby have been discharged with a supplementation,3-step or other supplemental or pumping plan.
The Women’s Clinic Lactation Consulting provides:
- Prenatal breastfeeding education.
- Private prenatal consultations for mothers with special concerns.
- Weekly breastfeeding support groups.
- Private postnatal lactation counseling.
- Continued support for babies discharged from the NICU.
- Care for babies with special feeding needs.
- Monthly pumping class.
- Collaborative care with your ob/gyn provider.